Wednesday, January 5, 2022

I am So Excited

 Hello friends!!

Sorry I did not post yesterday. It was a very busy day. My dad needed surgery, and with the restrictions in place, was unable to stay with him at the hospital. This meant 4.5 hours of driving and less than that spent at home. My dad is doing fine, he just needs to decide which therapy he wants to continue with. 

With all that driving, I crushed some podcasts. Most were about setting goals and intentions for 2022. One was the lazy genius and I ended up signing up for her newsletter. This morning she recommended some books to read (YES!). I read 6 books last year and purchased more than that to read (lol). Since I was not consistent with my reading last year, I did not meet my goal. I set the same goal in 2022, with being more consistent with reading. Since I love to read but have no clue what to read next, this was a pleasant surprise. This makes me excited and I have a compiled list to read. The first book that I am reading is Permanent Record by Edward Snowden. The reason I chose this book first is that I got it as a present and did not read it last year, and it is one of the thicker books on my list, so I decided I would get a bigger book out of the way and then can read the smaller books to maintain my goal.

I was tempted to break my no-spend challenge yesterday on takeout. But I am happy to report that the streak remains strong. I waited to get home to eat. I am super proud of myself that I resisted temptation.  Without going out as much, the restrictions in place, and the temptations removed, it seems easier than last year when I attempted the same thing. 

I may put my debt repayment off for a little bit because Mark turns 40 this year, and he really wants to go to Vegas (who knows what the world will be like in a few months), which means I will have to save some spending money. We will see what is in store and make plans accordingly.

Today was the first day that Remy had online learning. It went well and I am super proud of how quick he learned how to navigate the Google Meet. I am happy that he is doing school from home and happy to be a part of this adventure with him.

I start my new job tonight, I am a little nervous about learning the new software, so hopefully I learn as quick as Remy did today.

Lots of love,

Mandee


No comments:

Post a Comment

End of the Month

 Hey all, I hope you had a wonderful February. Spring is just around the corner and I cannot wait. I started my spring cleaning because I ha...