Sunday, February 27, 2022

End of the Month

 Hey all,

I hope you had a wonderful February. Spring is just around the corner and I cannot wait. I started my spring cleaning because I have been off all week with Remy who had a cold. I only did the living room, but I have some time off as the clinic is finished. I am going to be an agency nurse for the hospital. This comes with a pay increase, which I calculated that I will be debt-free in about 2.5 years- including my student loans. I just need to buckle down and stay focused. I am planning cash funded month because, everyone, I balled out this month. My budget was busted in every category lol. Whoops. But, while I threw caution to the wind, all my bills were paid.

Well, guys, I added more debt in February with personal loans, unpaid bills from January, a new couch, and the phone cancelation of my ex's phone. My total debt for February was $54, 638.29. That honestly makes me sick to my stomach. But, I am happy to report that starting in March, I will have $51, 942.62. Which meant I paid $2, 695.67 back. All my bills are current. My plan for March is to get under $50,000 and to not add more debt. While I am doing a debt snowball, I am leaving my couch to be paid monthly as there is 0% interest, tackling the things that are collecting interest. Besides, with my debt pay down plan, the couch would be paid off in one month, and it hasn't been delivered yet.

I also filed my taxes this month, and I am getting back a really good tax return. I promised Remy that I would buy him a bunk bed, so he will be getting that. I took Remy to the dentist this month, but he was scared and would not let the hygienist clean his teeth and he has a visible cavity. This meant he is getting referred to a pediatric dentist, and the dentist does not direct bill my insurance company. So I will be putting the rest of my return away for this dentist appointment. After I get the amount back from the insurance company, all of the rest is going towards debt. I am not sure if that will happen in March or April, but those are my intentions.

March is my birthday month, and I am going to be treating myself to some personal care this month. I am getting my hair, mani & pedi, and an outfit. OH! Shampoo and conditioner the hairstylist is going to recommend for my hair. Plus some spending money for the drag brunch I am attending. Just because I am on a debt pay-off journey, I feel like I do not need to deprive myself. Especially since I have been feeling a little down on myself the last little bit. Sure, I could deprive myself and pay off debt faster, but I am not that intense to do that this month. Maybe next month.

Speaking of which, March is a three-pay month for me. This means that I am going to get ahead of my bills by paying my usual monthly amounts on them even though I will have an extra pay.

Go get your goals, I believe in you.

Lots of love, 

Mandee


No comments:

Post a Comment

End of the Month

 Hey all, I hope you had a wonderful February. Spring is just around the corner and I cannot wait. I started my spring cleaning because I ha...