Friday, January 7, 2022

Killing time

 Hello friends,


Yesterday was an exciting day. It was the first day of online learning. But we had to leave so Mark could get his COVID booster. 

I went to work and trained someone. I thought I was going to get in trouble when my boss called me over for talking too much, but, to my delight, I was offered a promotion! I am now a supervisor and am grateful for the opportunity. I will be starting in the next week or two and am super excited. I must confess something, in all my 33 years, this is the first promotion I was ever offered. I am a little nervous about my new role, but obviously, something caught my boss' attention and I will continue to be my authentic self. 

I have been somewhat inconsistent with my goals, but I still try. I have just been telling myself "Now" and I get off my butt and do the thing I have been procrastinating on. Every day is a new opportunity to start again and to incorporate my goals into daily actions. It takes time and persistence, so I am not sad I have not been consistent, I cannot do everything all at once.

I have been making huge progress on inbox zero. I have come to the point if I did not read it when it first landed in my inbox, I am not going to take the time to read it now. I am down to 600 emails and dealing with the incoming messages. It feels great if I am honest, something about letting stuff go is cleansing and less burdening. I am hoping by the end of next week it will officially be at zero.

I read the first chapter of Permanent Record and I am so excited to read it. I haven't been consistent on reading every day, but as long as I finish the book this month means success.

Speaking of reading, I have been looking at the people I enjoy listening to on their podcasts and taking their recommendations on what to read. I have compiled a Google doc and I have 4 pages in 3 columns of books I will be getting from the library. So many choices to read, which is fantastic because I like to read but get stuck on what to read next.

I am excited to report, I have a budgeting buddy and accountability partner. It is nice to be able to talk to others about money. There is such a stigma around it that should not be. It is great to see what is working and what is not and get new ideas. It is great to inspire people around you, create targets, and set intentions. Today was payday and I am super excited to budget my money. 

Anyways friends, I wanted to give you a quick update.

Lots of love,

Mandee

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of the Month

 Hey all, I hope you had a wonderful February. Spring is just around the corner and I cannot wait. I started my spring cleaning because I ha...