Friday, January 28, 2022

Adjusting

 Hello friends,

I'm sorry that I have not been too active in blogging in the last week. I have been dealing with being single and adjusting to that life. 

I made a new single budget and had to adjust my savings goal. Instead of saving $1,000 by March 1st, it has now been postponed until April 1st. I had to account for taking all the bills on myself and buying new furniture. I am optimistic but also a little overwhelmed. I have taken some steps to make this shift comfortable. I applied to pay for benefits, made a new budget, reviewed my goals.

The only thing that has been hard is the effect it has on Remy. He just doesn't understand why his "dad" left and he blames me for it and is upset with me- his blame is correctly placed as I was the one to end the relationship. He is having some separation anxiety when leaving for school. I think he thinks that I will leave and not come back. It is torture knowing I broke his little heart and that he is upset because of me. But, in time, I hope he sees it was for the better and that I am much happier.

How have I been dealing with this relationship ending? It's been a roller coaster, some good days, some bad days, some sad days, some hopeful days. I have not talked to anybody really about it. It was a hard time trying to agree on how to separate the furniture. The date for him to be gone is February 6, 2022. I am probably going to have some grief I think when all the stuff is gone. But, we will deal with that when the time comes.

I did break my no-spend challenge. I went out for coffee twice. I needed to get out of the house and clear my thoughts. I did also purchase some clothes with gift cards I found in my wallet and magnetic eyelashes. I needed the confidence boost I think. I have been online window shopping for new furniture. I have built it into my new budget. 

Lots of love,

Mandee

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of the Month

 Hey all, I hope you had a wonderful February. Spring is just around the corner and I cannot wait. I started my spring cleaning because I ha...