Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Goals

 A new year is approaching!

It is a bitter-sweet time for me. I get excited to start a fresh start, reflect on the year past. I tend to look at the year with optimism. A new year, new me so to speak. 

Well, let's get on with the goals. I am using Gretchin Rubin's 22 in 2022.

        1. Read a book a month

        2. Find a balance between work and life

        3. Get a will

        4. Cook a turkey- I feel like it is a passage into adulthood that I have not yet done

        5. Date nights and a fun family day once a month

        6. Meditate daily

        7. Stop procrastinating 

        8. Save money for true expenses- and leave it there

        9. Create a budget and stick to it

        10. Create bed-time routines

        11. Be more consistent with my skincare routine

        12. Quit smoking

        13. Be more mindful

        14. Develop and maintain self-control

        15. Better at time management

        16. Go to the gym 3 days a week

        17. Eat 3 meals a day- I skip either breakfast or lunch and it's a bad habit I need to break

        18. 3 month no spend challenge without going on a crazy spending spree afterward

        19. Pay off my credit card once and for all

        20. Stop being hard on myself

        21. Clean every day for 20 minutes aside from the usual tidying

        22. Drink at least 32 oz of water a day


Then I go deeper and ask myself:

What did I want to do?

    The above listed and improve my credit score, boxing lessons, learn French, find a side hustle, establish an emergency fund, 

What do I want to have?

    Positive self-talk, self-confidence, more motivation, a morning and night-time routine, more patience, boundaries, and more self-discipline.

Where do I want to go?

    That all depends on COVID

What do I want to become?

    A saver (natural spender), less lazy, a woman who does it all, more grateful and mindful.

What do I want to learn?

    More about myself, better at communicating, interior decorating, mediumship, being less defensive (I was in a lot of abusive relationships, and unlearning this has been hard), calligraphy, the reason behind my self-sabotage, a better listener, and emotional intelligence.

Who do I want to spend my time with?

    Friends, family, Remy, and my soon to be husband

How much do I want to earn/save/invest?

    I want to earn more than last year, save $1,000 to start my debt journey

What will I do to be healthy?

    Self-care, journal (and now blogging), hair and face masks, eat more fruits and vegetables, therapy, necessary doctor's appointments.

In 2022, in my family relationships, I want to eat dinner at the table. With my friends, I want a monthly date over zoom, in person, or on the phone.

For myself, I want to cultivate self-compassion, ask for help, do yoga, cook more, go through old files and pictures and delete unnecessary things, start a recipe book/meal plan, and identify triggers.

When it comes to finances, I will not add more debt, live on less, stop impulse purchases, automate my savings, cash only!!, and 1 money-saving challenge after my initial $1,000. 

Now, I realize not all of this is possible, but there are 365 days in the year and I have lots I want to do and a lot of things to accomplish.

Wishing you health, wealth, and happiness in 2022. 

Lots of love,

Mandee

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of the Month

 Hey all, I hope you had a wonderful February. Spring is just around the corner and I cannot wait. I started my spring cleaning because I ha...