Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Work Smarter, Not Harder

 Hello all,

Life is simply fantastic over here. I joined a book club to a) get new ideas for books and b) meet some people who have the same interests that I do. 

I have been puttering, finding things to do with my time to fill the open space I have in the mornings. Remy has not been so keen on online learning; it's hard to get kids engaged in class, at home with all their things and toys makes it a little bit more difficult. At least it is only kindergarten. The Government announced that the kids will be going back on the 17th of January. I still have my apprehensions, but I have Mark working from home and Remy has online learning, toes are getting stepped on. We have made it this far in the pandemic without COVID (superstitiously knocking on wood), I would like to keep it that way. The government also announced that they will not be reporting if someone in their class tests positive. I have an issue with this, a very big issue. How are we supposed to contact trace? How are we supposed to inform our friends/neighbors/workplaces that we have had exposure? How does that make sense? How are we supposed to isolate if we do not know? This spells a disaster waiting to happen.

I must say that the job front is amazing. I work 4 hours in the evenings when Remy is done with school, and I am getting paid the same amount of money if I have worked full time. I never want it to end. It unfortunately has left me with idol hands. I have too much time on my hands and find random things to do to fill my schedule. I feel spoiled. This contract is only temporary but it has been amazing. I am not looking forward to the 40 hour work weeks again. 

I received the recipe book I ordered NYE. I got my recipes all sorted, which gives me delight. I ran out of ink though, so my recipe book has been put on hold. Technically, I could purchase more ink because I ran out but, at this point, I am going to wait until I reach my savings goals. I have just been bookmarking the recipes until I, one day, have ink again. 

New year's resolutions have been progressing. They are not perfect, but nothing ever is. All that matters is that I am moving forward, and if I have a setback, go on to attack it the next day. I cannot wait until my quarterly review to see how many habits have stuck and pick new habits to form. Someone once said give something 90 days, so it is important to track the progress and reflect. On one of my idol hand days, I added everything in my Google calendar to remind me to do things. Things like clean the vacuum monthly, or the washer monthly, when to flip the mattress, etc. As I said, I do not know what to do with this freedom because I have not had it before. I am used to working multiple jobs or working full time. 

I did purchase some cleaners for my upholstered headboard, because a) I am allowed to buy cleaning products, and b) too much time and looking for random things to do that really never get done. 

I just wanted to pop in and say "hello" and give you a quick update on this life of mine. But I have to fold laundry, and I am telling myself NOW so I do not procrastinate. 

Lots of love,

Mandee

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of the Month

 Hey all, I hope you had a wonderful February. Spring is just around the corner and I cannot wait. I started my spring cleaning because I ha...