Saturday, January 1, 2022

The Moment of Truth

 Hey everybody,

I hope you had a wonderful New Year's Eve. We had by-law called on us which I found hilarious. We had 2 children under the age of 5 and apparently they were too loud for the neighbors. I also received my last pay a week early, which was quickly budgeted because I am a nerd and love putting pen to paper and telling my money where to go.

This is the moment of truth, I calculated all my debt. The gut-punch I got with doing this. I know I owed a lot, just did not realize how much. I owe $51, 242.62 in debt. A large portion of this is my student loans, which is a relief because I could not imagine being in that much consumer debt. While this number was upsetting, I paid off $582.24 from the month previous (YAY!!). Now, all I have to do is save my $1,000 to tackle this debt! I now know what it feels like to have excess weight on your shoulders and I cannot wait to start shedding some debt. 

I am following Dave Ramsey here. I am saving my baby emergency fund to aggressively attack this debt. So in two months, you'll read how fast this debt is going to go down. 

Today also marks the day the no spend challenge started. I had to talk myself out of clear page covers and a recipe binder last night, but I put it in my save for later. Nothing wrong with delaying purchases. Maybe in 3 months from now, I won't even want it. 

Lots of love,

Mandee

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of the Month

 Hey all, I hope you had a wonderful February. Spring is just around the corner and I cannot wait. I started my spring cleaning because I ha...