Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Single life

 Hey friends,

Thanks for stopping by. 

A new development happened in my life 2 days ago. Mark and I decided to end our relationship. We just grew apart and no longer a team. I craved connection, attention, and affection, but, did not receive it. I did my best to be happy and hold on to hope, but, I grew tired and hope is not something to grip on to. I do wish him the best in life, that he finds happiness, that he is happy, healthy, and wealth. That season of my life has ended. 

A new season has begun. It is uncharted territory for me. I need to be fiercely independent as I start my journey as a single mom. I have been a little overwhelmed, but I am optimistic. I know I will weather this storm with as much grace as I can muster. 

What does this mean for my budget? I picked up more shifts at work to deal with being in a single-income household. Tomorrow is paystub day and I am excited to budget. I know, I know. Budget is a "bad" word to some. For myself, it is a little rush of telling my money where to go. It is very satisfying to have the bills all paid, food in the fridge, and Netflix. 

I have switched my book of the month. I joined a zoom book club for some human connection with common interests. I am now reading The Push by Ashley Audrain- I am about 100 pages into it. I have consistently been reading my 25 pages daily. Consistency leads to habit and I am so happy to have the habit of reading again. Bonus- it is a free activity that I get to do with my no-spend challenge.

Well, friends, I am going to go make a coffee, grab a blanket, and read some more.

Lots of love, 

Mandee

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of the Month

 Hey all, I hope you had a wonderful February. Spring is just around the corner and I cannot wait. I started my spring cleaning because I ha...